Borough of New Brighton, Pennsylvania

Borough of New Brighton, 610 Third Avenue, New Brighton, Pennsylvania 15066 ~ (724) 846-1870

Volunteer Opportunities

Fire Department


The New Brighton Volunteer Fire Department is currently recruiting members for open positions within the department. Anyone interested should contact the Fire Department administration desk for an application. Information and an application can be obtained by calling (724) 846-2861 or by visiting the New Brighton Area Police Department located on the lower level of the Municipal Building.

Fire Police Department


The New Brighton Fire Police Department is a volunteer organization responsible for traffic and crowd control at the scene of accidents, fires, other emergencies, and community events. For more information or to obtain an application for membership, contact the New Brighton Area Police Department at (724) 846-2277 or visit the New Brighton Area Police Department located on the lower level of the Municipal Building.

Emergency Management Agency


The New Brighton Emergency Management Agency is responsible for the mitigation, planning, preparations, and response to all man-made and natural disasters that may occur. For more volunteer information contact the Emergency Management Coordinator, at (724) 846-1870.

New Brighton Historical Society


Founded in 1967, the New Brighton Historical Society is committed to preserving the history of New Brighton. For more information on the Society or for volunteer information please write to the New Brighton Historical Society, P.O. Box 407, New Brighton, PA 15066.

Borough Boards, Commissions, & Authorities


New Brighton Borough is occasionally looking to fill vacancies in the Planning Commission, Code / Zoning Hearing Board, Sanitary Authority, Business District Authority, or Recreation Commission. Any citizen interested in participating should contact the Borough Manager, at (724) 846-1870, or send a letter of interest to the Municipal Building.

Merrick Art Gallery


The Merrick Art Gallery, is Beaver County’s only art museum. Located on Eleventh Street at Fifth Avenue, the gallery contains the collections of founder, Edward D. Merrick, including 19th century European and American paintings. Anyone interested in volunteer information should contact the Merrick Art Gallery at (724) 846-1130.